Emergency Water Damage Tips for Your Coopersville Home
Waterfall coming through your ceiling from a pipe burst? Basement flooding due to a sump pump failure? Came home to your kitchen flooded because your cat turned on the faucet and it ran for hours? If you find yourself in one of these situations follow the tips below after calling SERVPRO of Holland / West Ottawa County:
- Shut off the water source if possible.
- Remove excess water by mopping and blotting.
- Remove and prop up wet upholstery cushions for even drying.
- Place aluminum foil or wood blocks under furniture legs.
- Hang furs and leather goods separately at room temperature.
- Remove Oriental or other colored rugs from wet carpeting.
- Do not use a regular vacuum to remove water.
- Do not turn on ceiling fixtures if the ceiling is wet, and keep out of areas where ceilings are sagging from retained water.
- Do not leave books, magazines, or other colored items on wet carpeting.
Following these tips will help minimize damages to your Coopersville home until help arrives.
If your home or business has experienced water damage, call SERVPRO of Holland / West Ottawa County ASAP, 616-396-8180. We are Here to help® 24/7