Clothes Dryer Fire Safety for your Robinson, MI Home
Laundry is routine for many households; but did you know that 2,900 home clothes dryer fires are reported each year with the leading cause being failure to clean the dryer? Follow these safety tips from FEMA and the U.S. Fire Administration to prevent a clothes dryer fire in your Robinson home.
- Have your dryer installed and serviced by a professional.
- Do not use the dryer without a lint filter. Clean the lint filter before and after each cycle.
- Do not forget to clean the back of the dryer where lint can accumulate.
- Check the venting system behind the dryer to make sure that it is not damaged, crushed, or restricted.
- Make sure that the outdoor vent covering opens when the dryer is operating.
If your home experiences a clothes dryer fire, call SERVPRO of Holland/West Ottawa County to make it "Like it never even happened," 616-396-8180