Recent Cleaning Posts
Put some SPRING in your CLEAN
Birds chirping and temperatures rising–Spring is here! Spring cleaning is something that allows us to freshen up our homes and businesses before the hectic seasons of spring and summer. While many of us deep clean, it's a great time to also organize and purge.
SERVPRO of Holland/W. Ottawa Co. can help get your facility in tip-top shape. Our technicians are trained to use state-of-the-art equipment to remove soils hiding deep within your carpet, as well as stain removal and stain resistance applications. Other services include: Upholstery & drapery cleaning, hard floor cleaning and care, odor identification and deodorization.
A clean environment is a more healthy environment. Review these simple tips to improve your living and work spaces this spring. If you need a little help, don’t worry, SERVPRO of Holland/W. Ottawa Co. has all of the tools to make your home or business sparkle in no time!
- Clean your work space. Clutter piles up quickly. Start your spring cleaning by decluttering and organizing your work space. Sort files and figure out what you really need. Removing excess clutter will allow you to find things easier and help create a more productive environment.
- Start an archive. While organizing your work space, you may find files you do not use daily, but need to keep. By creating an archive, you can save these files and keep your desk clutter-free. Maintain your archive by scheduling one day per month to sort through files and keep them organized.
- Organize your inbox. Organize e-mails by creating folders in our inbox. Organizing these files will require some time investment, however this will be a tremendous time saver in the future. Consider backing up important electronic files and programs as well.
- Deep clean your facility, including the floors. Floors bear the brunt of your daily business over time. If not properly maintained, they become dull and dingy. By deep cleaned the floors, this can improve the cleanliness and overall look of your facility.
- Clean HVAC units. Most air conditioning units remain dormant throughout the winter. To ensure the best indoor air quality, consider having your HVAC and ducts professionally cleaned.
Sprucing Things Up This Spring
The flowers are blooming and the birds are chirping. Spring is in the air, but you can’t shake those winter blues! Spruce up your home or business with a deep cleaning.
Spring cleaning is a tradition that allows us to freshen up our environment and get a head start on the hectic seasons of spring and summer. SERVPRO of Holland/W. Ottawa Co. can help. SERVPRO® Franchise Professionals are trained to use state-of-the-art equipment to remove soils hiding deep within your carpet, as well as focused stain removal and stain resistance applications. Other services include: Upholstery and drapery cleaning, hard floor cleaning and care, odor identification and deodorization.
A clean environment is a healthy environment. Improve your living and work spaces this spring. If you need a little help, don’t worry, SERVPRO of Holland/W. Ottawa Co. has all of the tools to make your home or business sparkle in no time!
SPRING CLEANING TIPS
- Always start from the top. As you clean higher items, like ceiling fans blades and top shelves on bookcases, you’ll knock dust down to a lower level. Cleaning from the top down will prevent soiling areas you have already cleaned.
- Stay focused on the task at hand. When cleaning out a closet or drawer, it’s easy to get drawn in by old photo albums and keepsakes. Set aside time for the fond memories later; you’re on a mission!
- Don’t be a pack rat. You don’t want to throw away precious keepsakes but try to limit junk laying around your home or office. If you haven’t used it in a year or two, throw it out!
- Hit the hidden areas. We all avoid the dreaded hidden areas in our homes, but now is the time to face the dust bunnies!
- Tackle big projects first. It happens every
year, we start with the best intentions to scrub our homes from top to bottom, but somewhere in the middle we run out of steam. Tackle the biggest projects first or you may never get to them.
- Yard Sale time! Don’t just chuck your unwanted items. Put them up for sale; you may be surprised to see what could bring in a few bucks.
Spring is in the Air!
Spring is in the air! With the warmer weather comes the tradition of spring cleaning. It's a time to organize and clean what we encounter on a daily basis from your home to your business and office.
Perhaps you are selling a home and want to vanquish years of cigarette smoke odor that won't go away, or want to see if your ducts or HVAC system needs to be cleaned. SERVPRO of Holland/W. Ottawa Co. offers the following cleaning services:
- Carpet Cleaning
- Upholstery Cleaning
- Drapery Cleaning
- Ceiling and Wall Cleaning
- Hard Floor Cleaning
- Strip and Seals
- Biohazard and Crime Scene Cleaning
Whatever your spring cleaning needs, SERVPRO of Holland/W. Ottawa Co. has you covered. Call 231-733-7601 today to discuss or schedule your necessary spring cleaning services.
Help Prevent the Spread of Flu Germs
Homes and businesses can depend on their local SERVPRO® Franchise Professional to clean and sanitize building materials, surfaces and contents following restoration industry standards, using professional cleaning products and EPA-registered cleaners and disinfectants. SERVPRO® Franchise Professionals are also trained and equipped to clean your HVAC and duct systems to help provide better air quality and help reduce the risk of circulating harmful contaminants. If you have concerns about the cleanliness and sanitation of your home or place of business, call on your local SERVPRO® of Muskegon & Holland/W. Ottawa Co. today 231-733-7601/616-396-8180.
According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, people may take action everyday to stay healthy in the wake of the recent flu outbreak.
- Cover your nose and mouth with a tissue when you cough or sneeze. Throw the tissue in the trash after you use it
- Wash your hands often with soap and water, especially after you cough or sneeze. Alcohol-based hand cleaners are also effective
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose or mouth. Germs spread that way
Try to avoid close contact with sick people. For more helpful information regarding Flu Germs, contact the Center for Disease Control and Prevention's website https://www.cdc.gov/
Odor? What's going on in your home in Ottawa County
How clean is your home? Are there odors in your home from being closed up all winter? Do you smoke inside your home? Do you have kids or pets?
If any of these things are applicable to you then listen up. While most homes can be cleaned or freshened up by you, there are times where it is best to bring in the professional. 80% of home owners say that the cleanliness of a home determined by how clean their floors are yet only 15% have their carpets cleaned yearly. So I ask you again, how clean is your home?
Lingering odors can be traced to numerous issues in and around your home that can be hazardous to you, your family and pets. Most home remedies can mask or provide a temporary solution to the issue however they will come back. It does not eliminate the hazard and so it remains while you think the problem has been solved.
There are 4 general rules of getting rid of unpleasant smells.
- Locate and destroy the source of the smell
- Thoroughly clean any surfaces or items that were affected by the source
- Assess types of materials and cleaning products needed for each
- Spray and Treat the area to deodorize the air and seal any remaining odors
The primary areas that we see the most odor take root and cause damage are in carpets, furniture, clothing, and drywall if they are exposed long enough. These surfaces must be cleaned to prevent the smell from coming back. Every material has its own physical properties and the professionals at SERVPRO of Muskegon and Holland/ W. Ottawa County will be able to properly assess which cleaning products and method will yield the best results.
Many odors such as, urine from pet and children, mold from water damage, cigarette smoke, smoke and fire damage can be eliminated with our expertise. Have an issue? You may want to visit apartmenttherapy.com for helpful DIY tips. SERVPRO of Muskegon and Holland/ W. Ottawa Co. is the faster to any size disaster or odor emergency.