Christmas Lights and Candle Safety Tips
Christmas lights, candles and decorations bring holiday cheer to homes and businesses however if they are not used with caution, your holiday may go from festive to frightening.
The American Red Cross shared these valuable safety tips to help greatly reduce the risk of a fire in your home or business this holiday season.
- Place Christmas trees, candles, and other holiday decorations at least three feet from heat sources like fireplaces, portable space heaters, radiators, and heat vents.
- Inspect light strings and other holiday decorations for fraying electrical cords and always follow the manufacturer’s instructions.
- Always unplug tree and holiday lights before leaving the property or going to bed.
- Never use lit candles to decorate a tree.
- Never leave candles unattended.
SERVPRO® of Holland/W. Ottawa Co. wishes you a safe and happy holiday season!