Pet Loving Ferrysburg, MI Residents - Fire Evacuation Plan For Your Home
According to the American Pet Products Association (APPA) 2021-2022 National Pet Owners Survey, seventy percent of U.S. households, or about 90.5 million families, own a pet. During a fire, your first priority is to get yourself and your family members our safely. Having a fire evacuation plan helps to keep you and your family a little more calm; and since our pets are a part of our families, don't forget to add them into your plan.
Preparation is key when it comes to protecting your pets in a fire. In case your pets are in an unsafe location that you or a family member can't get to during a fire, there are several things that you can do to better the chance of your pets rescue:
- Keep your pet in a room or area that is easily accessible to fire fighters.
- Update your pet alert window cling on the front window of your home.
- Put together a disaster supply kit just for your pets, including medications, food, and other dog supplies.
- Place important pet ownership documents and proof of vaccinations in a fire safe box that you can easily retrieve.
- Teach your pets the "Come" command so you can easily direct them towards you in an emergency.
If your Ferrysburg home has experienced a fire, call SERVPRO of Holland / West Ottawa County for an estimate, 616-396-8180. We are Here to help®