Allendale Smoke and Soot Cleanup
Smoke and soot is very invasive and can penetrate various cavities and crevices within your Allendale home, causing hidden damage and odor. Our smoke damage expertise and experience allows us to inspect and accurately assess the extent of the damage to develop a comprehensive plan of action.
Smoke and Soot Facts:
- Hot smoke migrates to cooler areas and upper levels of a structure.
- Smoke flows around plumbing systems, seeping through the holes used by pipes to go from floor to floor.
- The type of smoke may greatly affect the restoration process.
Different Types of Smoke
There are two different types of smoke - wet and dry. Because of this, there are different types of soot residue after a fire. Before restoration begins, SERVPRO of Holland/West Ottawa County will test the soot to determine which type of smoke damage occurred. The cleaning procedures will then be based on the information identified during pretesting.
- Wet Smoke - Plastic and Rubber: low heat, smoldering, pungent odor, sticky, smeary. Smoke webs are more difficult to clean.
- Dry Smoke - Paper and Wood: fast burning, high temperatures, heat rises therefore smoke rises.
- Protein Fire Residue - Produced by Evaporation of Material Rather Than From a Fire: virtually invisible, discolors paints and varnishes, extreme pungent odor.
Our Fire Damage Restoration Services
Since each smoke and fire damage situation is different, each one requires a unique solution tailored to the specific conditions. SERVPRO of Holland/West Ottawa County has the equipment, expertise, and experience to restore your home. We also treat your family with empathy and respect, and treat your property with care.
Has your home been affected by smoke or soot damage? Call SERVPRO of Holland/West Ottawa County today, 616-396-8180