Gas Stove Safety
If you still use a gas stove in your home, then you probably know how dangerous they can be. Any source of open flame indoors creates a fire hazard and requires extra precautions. Here are some safety tips for gas stoves:
- Managing the flame. Only have the stove on when something is cooking.
- Maintaining the stove. Clean the stove on a regular basis to prevent food buildup.
- Using the right utensils. Be sure to only use stuff that is designed for stove use.
- Monitoring carbon monoxide. Gas stoves produce carbon monoxide so provide plenty of ventilation and install detectors around the home.
- Be tentative when cooking.
- Always be on the lookout for gas leaks.
- Keep flammable objects away from the stove.
- Have emergency equipment and services such as a fire extinguisher nearby.
- Be aware of personal precaution such as not wearing baggy clothes.
- Install smoke alarms throughout the home.
- Install a range hood for proper ventilation.
When it comes to fire hazards, you can never be too safe.